Winter Yoga with Optional Swim
Weather allowing we will carry on with the Outdoor yoga & swim classes as much as possible throughout the year. Of course, cancellations or weeks with no class will be more common. Make sure you are happy with the cancellation policy as you book on (read T&C here)
- For the colder month the class will be a bit more energising to make sure we stay warm, but I will give plenty of options so it is still suitable for all levels and abilities
- The swim is completely optional, you can wear a wetsuit or just swimmers, whatever you feel most comfortable in.
- There is free parking at Tide Mills where we will meet
- The day & time will depend on weather, sign up to this mailing list to receive the schedule for each week.
- Make sure you read T&C before signing up
- What to bring & how to stay warm
These mornings light my soul on fire and feel so special, starting the day with gentle movement and then facing the cold, wild sea together is an amazing experience. So everyone who shows an interest really makes me so happy!
The class will be on a Saturday or Sunday around 9-10 am.
Gentle & Energising Yoga class
Hot tea & breakfast snacks
I really enjoyed the yoga practice outside and the swim and am definitely up for doing it again.
Sunday morning’s Yoga and Swim session at Tidemills was absolutely wonderful and a great way to start the day! The stretches were a perfect way to get moving and I felt great before I’d even got into the water. The swim was also highlight, and although the water’s relatively cold still, it was really refreshing. In no time at all the all important endorphins were flowing!! And the beautiful homemade banana bread was the perfect post swim snack. Tidemills is such a magical place. I couldn’t recommend the whole experience more highly, thank you Ylva!
I loved everything about your yoga and swim session. It was perfect.
What a lovely class and swim yesterday.
Thanks Ylva, it was lovely to meet you this morning. Great yoga and swim!
Kellie and I absolutely loved Sunday morning.
Also everyone was so friendly which also goes a long way.
We chatted about it on the drive home and said we would defiantly do this again.
Calming start to the day with a refreshing swim in the sea.
Just wanted to say thank you so much for the yoga session yesterday. I really enjoyed it and it was perfect to get me back into yoga. I would love to come again when you put on more beach sessions.
It’s been wonderful finding a Yoga teacher after the pandemic that I feel so comfortable with. Ylva has such calm and positive energy to be around.
Her new Yoga and sea swim practice made my Sunday so empowering 🙏 in every way.
Ylva is a wonderful yoga instructor, very calming and friendly! It was such a great combination of yoga and sea swimming, what a way to start the day!
What to bring
- Yoga Mat – if you don’t have one, I can bring one for you, just let me know
- Swimsuit and/or wetsuit
- Towel – preferably two so you can stand on one when getting changed
- Change of clothes for after swim
- Loose clothes that are easy to change into is essential to get warm quick (not leggings)
- Swim shoes, hat & gloves as needed
- Water bottle
For Winter Yoga
Top tips from a Swede on how to stay warm
- Blanket for relaxation at the end of class – if you don’t have one, I can bring one for you, just let me know
- Hat – essential, we loose a lot of heat through our head
- Tight layers close to the body
- Looser layers the further away from the body to allow air in between, that is what will insulate and keep you warm
- Double socks