Beach Yoga & Sea Swim
Outdoor Yoga with Optional Swim
The perfect morning for you who want to start the day with gentle but energising movement outdoors with the option of joining us for a swim in the sea.
- The Yoga class will be suitable for all levels and ages. Focus will lie on waking up the spine, stretching the big muscle groups and moving all of the joints.
- The swim is completely optional, you can wear a wetsuit or just swimmers, whatever you feel most comfortable in.
- There is free parking at Tide Mills where we will meet
- The day & time will depend on weather, sign up to this mailing list to receive the schedule for each week.
- Make sure you read T&C before signing up
- What to bring
These mornings light my soul on fire and feel so special, starting the day with gentle movement and then facing the cold, wild sea together is an amazing experience. So everyone who shows an interest really makes me so happy!
Although I am sure this might change as time goes on, as like everything to do with the sea it is important to be adaptable and fluid in the approach.
The aim at the moment is to do two classes a week.
One on a weekday at 7 am.
This will be a 45 minute class, followed by an optional swim.
One on a weekend around 9-10 am.
This class will be 60 minutes long, followed by an optional swim and breakfast snacks on the beach.
I really enjoyed the yoga practice outside and the swim and am definitely up for doing it again.
Sunday morning’s Yoga and Swim session at Tidemills was absolutely wonderful and a great way to start the day! The stretches were a perfect way to get moving and I felt great before I’d even got into the water. The swim was also highlight, and although the water’s relatively cold still, it was really refreshing. In no time at all the all important endorphins were flowing!! And the beautiful homemade banana bread was the perfect post swim snack. Tidemills is such a magical place. I couldn’t recommend the whole experience more highly, thank you Ylva!
I loved everything about your yoga and swim session. It was perfect.
What a lovely class and swim yesterday.
Thanks Ylva, it was lovely to meet you this morning. Great yoga and swim!
Kellie and I absolutely loved Sunday morning.
Also everyone was so friendly which also goes a long way.
We chatted about it on the drive home and said we would defiantly do this again.
Calming start to the day with a refreshing swim in the sea.
Just wanted to say thank you so much for the yoga session yesterday. I really enjoyed it and it was perfect to get me back into yoga. I would love to come again when you put on more beach sessions.
It’s been wonderful finding a Yoga teacher after the pandemic that I feel so comfortable with. Ylva has such calm and positive energy to be around.
Her new Yoga and sea swim practice made my Sunday so empowering 🙏 in every way.
Ylva is a wonderful yoga instructor, very calming and friendly! It was such a great combination of yoga and sea swimming, what a way to start the day!
What to bring
- Yoga Mat – if you don’t have one, I can bring one for you, just let me know
- Blanket for relaxation at the end of class
- Sun hat/sunglasses
- Swimsuit and/or wetsuit
- Change of clothes for after swim – warm, loose clothes are great and easy to change into if you are cold
- Shoes for swimming if needed
- Sunscreen – remember to double check it is fish and reef friendly if you are planning to get in the sea
- Water bottle